STC-SA focus on social projects which support local impoverished communities in South Africa. Examples of these initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Bethelsdorp Senior Secondary School in the Port Elizabeth area by developing and supporting the school in the educational process.
- Groenberg Senior Secondary School in Grabouw outside Cape Town benefits through the STC Group Southern African Development Trust:
- Support of students in the form of pencils, bag packs, paper, school fees and clothing.
- Support the school by support in computer labs to give the children access to the IT and computers to learn the digital industry and in ways which they do not have access to at home
- Support of the education system:
- Support with a mathematics teacher to assist in the classes and support to students at the school. Before the support in this manner, the School had a very low pass rate in this respect, now the school are at the top achievers of the country.
- Support with a Social Worker for the school and the community. Before the STC Group Development Trust it was evident that drugs and pregnancies was high, but through the intervention the children has access to a social worker during school hours in these regards and ensuring the social upliftment of the youth.
- Support with a Science Teacher to assist in the classes and support to students at the school. Before the support in this manner, the School had a very low pass rate in this respect, now the school are at the top achievers of the country.
- Financial support to the School itself to ensure the burden gap that Government does not carry with the school is supported to ensure operation of the school.
In addition, STC-Group Sothern African Development Trust supports the schools with approximately R500 000 per year to ensure the above processes are actioned through a proper skills development budget to the Trust.
- Sponsorship of Cadet training for school leavers from impoverished communities.