To preserve life
To promote recovery
Call for advance medical assistance
This learning opportunity is designed for all seafarers in any capacity wishing to pursue a career at sea. To achieve the basic procedures in First Aid onboard a vessel, the competencies as described in the STCW and SAMSA Codes respectively.
- Contents of First Aid Kit.
- Body structure and function.
- Examination of casualty or patient.
- Spinal Injuries.
- Burns scalds and effects of heat and cold.
- Fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries.
- Medical care for rescued persons.
- Radio medical advice.
- Cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia.
- ABET Literacy
- Medically fit for sea