Seafarers of all ranks, whether or not they have designated security duties in the Ship Security Plan
- To provide a general introduction to maritime security and raise awareness of security issues when alongside, at anchor and at sea.
- Recognition of security threats.
- To enable all seafarers to meet the minimum standard of competence in security awareness outlined in the ISPS Code and the STCW Convention Table A-VI/6-1 and the IMO Model Course 3.27.
The course covers an overview of the mandatory minimum requirements for security-related training and instruction for seafarers.
- Introduction to Security
- Key Threats
- Plans, Policies and Procedures
- Communication and Reporting.
- ABET Literacy
- Medically fit for sea