This course is intended for all seafarers employed or engaged, in any capacity onboard a ship which requires complying with the ISPS code.
To train the seafarer how to contribute to the safety and security onboard through heighted awareness, and being able to recognise security threats and being vigilant in various situations.
On completion of the course the participant should, amongst others, be able to:
- Have basic knowledge about security terms and definition used onboard
- Have knowledge about security policies
- Have knowledge about the various safety and security contingency plans used onboard
- Recognise potential security threats
- Handle security related information correctly
- Explain the various exercise requirements under IMO related to safety and security
Teaching methods include lectures, discussions and case studies.
Number of participants
The minimum number of participants is 8 and the maximum is 16.
Nortear Training Academy, Luanda, Angola.
The cost of the course is to be defined once the final duration of the program is determined.