All relevant production employees, artisans as required per production needs.
With previous certification and experience
Entry level requirements:
• Minimum Numeracy and Literacy ABET 4/NQF 1 or Grade 9
• Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) on Forklift.
Contents of the course:
• The Legal and specified requirements pertaining the transfer of goods and material by means of a forklift. (OHSA 1993 and the Machinery regulation 18)
• The hazards and associated risks, pertaining to Forklift operation, identified through specified risks assessment procedures
• The principal components of the forklift and their functions. Mechanical appreciations and refuelling.
• The specified operating parameters and control methods per training the forklift operations. Pre-trips, Operational and close down inspection.
• The specified factors affecting the optimum performance of the forklift. Safety and Manoeuvring.
• The specified action to be taken, should sub-standard condition and problems pertaining to the forklift operation be encountered.
• The specified elementary principals of the Forklift stacking process.